Protai is developing an AI-powered discovery platform leveraging proteogenomics data to develop novel therapeutics and diagnostics for a variety of complex diseases. We are looking for an experienced software & algorithms engineer with deep data science skills to join our team.
- Conduct algorithmic research, development and evaluation on various computational biology problems across the Protai platform.
- Design the architecture and be highly involved in the implementation of our bioinformatics pipeline.
- Continuously keep up to date with the state of the art tools in bioinformatics and ML.
- Thoroughly evaluate dataset quality and biases.
- Help define the technological strategy of the company.
- PhD/ MSc in computer science, computational biology or a related field. Alternatively, equivalent industry experience in algorithms positions of at least 3 years.
- Python proficiency is a must.
- Strong understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experience in applying statistical methods on biological datasets.
- Hands-on experience of bringing algorithms from research to commercial use.
- A team player, with ability to work independently
- Experience with deep learning methods such as GNNs and auto encoders.
- Solid understanding of molecular and cell biology together with bioinformatic tools and techniques.
- experience with proteomics data analysis - advantage
- Can do attitude